Despite the fact that you should keep track of what you eat all the time, sometimes it is better to have a fling; so, you can keep your determinism about staying lean and clean.
For me, there are two great options of food escapade:
- Ice cream, preferably non-sugar, non-fat and milky.
- Homemade muffins which you can adjust the amount of oil (instead of butter), sugar and flour added.
As I have mentioned before it is always better to know what you “actually” eat; in terms of ingredients. Therefore; I decided to share with you the second favorite escapade of mine; Home-made Muffins!
I have shared video in Youtube account of happilyever.me; you can CLICK to watch the video.
I am not a fan of ready-to-go, packaged ingredients. What I mean by that is the already packaged cake blend. However; I have used Dr.Oetker Cacao Cake Blend in order to save time. So If you have any trusted brand for the cake blend, go for it. Or, you are free to make your own blend.
- Dr. Oetker Cacao Cake Blend – Kakolu Kek Karışımı
- 3 Eggs
- Half cup of olive oil
- 7-8 Table Spoon of Milk (70-80 ml)
- 3 cups of frozen Blackberries
Adjusting the description on the Cake Blend into this will make the sugar, flour, oil and milk balance perfect.
Let’s Get Cooking
You should pre-heat the oven to 180°C.
1.Making the Dough: Pour the cake-dough blend into a bowl. Add eggs, milk and oil. Blend for 3 minutes.
2. Separate 2/3 of the blend you made into the cake tin. Add one tablespoon of water and cacao powder. Mix.
Now you have two kinds of cake blend. Plain and Cacao. I have used small cake tins and made two kinds of muffin.
For the Cacao Muffins;
1.Put 2-3 blackberries for each small muffin tin. Then, pour the cacao blend over the berries.
2.As the last layer, pour 1 tablespoon of blackberry water to each cacao muffin.
(You can use the water left when the frozen berries melted.)
For the Plain Muffins;
1. Pour the plain blend directly into muffin tins.
Bake for 45-50 minutes.
Then, decorate with blackberries. I also sink plain muffins into the blackberry water after the cooking, the water that I have used before cooking the Cacao Muffins.